Call for Artworks
Fields CQAM – ArtSci Salon
deadline: July 26, 2019
The Fields Centre for Quantitative Analysis and Modelling and ArtSci Salon are looking for Mathematically related, Mathematically inspired, or Mathematically informed artworks to feature on a limited series of cards and small prints.
Fields CQAM (CQAM https://www.cqam.ca/) is a research centre comprised of 11 labs pairing leading researchers and industry from across Ontario, simultaneously training a new pool of quantitative scientists while enabling rapid translation of innovations from idea to implementation. Mathematical modeling data analytics and visualization, geometry processing and fabrication, health analytics, and human machine interaction are only a few of the diverse research fields the centre is engaged in. Please, check their website for more information.
The artwork will be printed on cards. A limited number of bigger prints will be distributed to volunteers who have made an outstanding contribution to Fields CQAM. The selected artist will receive an honorarium of $300 – $500.
– Artworks can engage with a variety of topics in mathematics. For instance, they can complement themes explored by CQAM labs.
– Acceptable formats are: Black & White or Color digitally generated artworks (like visualizations, or digitally produced illustrations); reproductions of paintings and other canvas-based work; photographic work; drawings and other illustrations etc. Artworks must be high res (see below)
– Size can vary (5X7in, 4X6in, 5x5in, 3×3 etc., keep in mind that the artwork must fit a rectangular or squared-shaped – card).
- 1 high res (300dpi) image
- a short bio
- a short description of the artwork
The deadline to propose your artwork is July 26, 2019
For more information please contact Tracy Barber (CQAM) firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Roberta Buiani (ArtSci Salon) email@example.com
For more information on Fields CQAM please consult https://www.cqam.ca/
For more information on ArtSci Salon please see http://artscisalon.com