exhibition/performance/discussion/panel/in-situ experiments/art/ science/ techne/ philosophy
A playful co-presentation by the Topological Media Lab (Concordia U-Montreal) and The Digital Dramaturgy Labsquared (U of T-Toronto). This event is part of our collaboration with DDLsquared lab, the Topological Lab and the Leonardo LASER network
From responsive sculptures to atmosphere-creating machines; from sensorial machines to affective autonomous robots, Chaosmosis mAchInes is an eclectic series of installations and performances reflecting on today’s complex symbiotic relations between humans, machines and the environment.
This will be the first encounter between Montreal-based Topological Media Lab (Concordia University) and the Toronto-based Digital Dramaturgy Labsquared (U of T) to co-present current process-based and experimental works. Both labs have a history of notorious playfulness, conceptual abysmal depth, human-machine interplays, Art&Science speculations (what if?), collaborative messes, and a knack for A/I as in Artistic Intelligence.
Thanks to Nina Czegledy (Laser series, Leonardo network) for initiating the collaboration
Centre for Drama, Theatre and Performance Studies, University of Toronto; Computational Arts Program, York University; University of Toronto’s Cognitive Science Program, Knowledge Media Design Institute (KMDI), Institute for the History and Philosophy of Science and Technology (IHPST), The Centre for Comparative Literature (CompLit), Fonds de Recherche du Québec – Société et culture (FRQSC)
28. September, 2019. 7pm-11pm.
7pm-9.30pm, Installation-performances, Helen-Gardiner-Phelan Theatre, 2nd floor
9.30pm-11pm, Reception and cash bar, Front and Long Room, Ground floor
University of Toronto. 79 St. George St.
A collaboration between
Laser Talks, Leonardo Networks– Nina Czegledy
ArtsSci Salon – Roberta Buiani
Digital Dramaturgy Labsquared – Antje Budde
Topological Media Lab – Michael Montanaro | Navid Navab
[Press/documentations: https://www.cadenceencours.com/toronto-exhibition.html ]
• tangibleFlux φ plenumorphic ∴ chaosmosis, Microcosm no.1 and 2 [Navid Navab]
• SPIEL [Peter van Haaften + Michael Montanaro, performed by Nein Tzu Weng]
• On Air [Michael Montanaro + Peter van Haaften]
• The Sound That Severs Now from Now [Garnet Willis]
• Cloud Chamber | Caustic Scenography, Responsive Cloud Formation [Nima Navab]
• Liquid Light [Nima Navab]
• Robots: Machine Menagerie [Joseph Thibodeau]
• Phaze [Evan Montpellier + Nina Bouchard]
/// Digital Dramaturgy Labsquared/ Performance-Installation:
• Btw Lf & Dth – interFACING disappearance: https://www.ddlsquared.rocks/ddl2-chaosmosis-190928